Need Stump Removal in NSW?
Call us on 131 546 – 7 days; or Book Online Here 24/7 for fast Stump Removal NSW. Jim’s Tree & Stump Removal NSW can help with Stump Removal, Stump Grinding, entire Tree Removal, Tree Lopping, Tree Pruning, Arborist Reports and more. See our full range of tree services here.
How is a Tree Stump Removed?
There are many ways to remove a tree stump, but not all of them safe so it is important that a professional is used whenever possible. The most effective procedure can depend on the type of tree stump; & size and number of the stumps needed to be removed. Below are some of the more popular methods used for stump removal:
- Excavation of stumps – This method involves excavation via machinery; this can be messy & leave a significant hole that may need back filling; for both aesthetic and safety reasons.
- Splitting of tree stumps – This method requires a small amount of excavation and swinging a maul or axe.
- Using a tree stump grinder – Specifically designed to get rid of the stumps of large trees and consists of a spinning blade with carbide tips that shreds the logs. This method is the most efficient and cost effective.
- Chemical removal of tree stumps – If you are not in a hurry to remove the stump, and a cost effective method is needed, chemicals can be used that are specifically formulated to accelerate the death of tree stumps and roots. While cheaper, this method may not be ideal though if you have children or pets that play in the area.
- Burning the stumps of tree trunks – Burning is also an effective and less expensive method to get rid of a tree stump. However, since this method generates smoke, consider getting the permission of the local NSW fire or council authorities before commencing. It is also important to note that it can take several days for the stump to burn completely (depending on the size), therefore it can be a time intensive option requiring close monitoring to reduce any fire hazard.
Did you know that the average root ball of a tree can be anywhere from 4 to 10 times larger than the tree itself? Removal of such large root balls can be considerably challenging and time consuming, and also leave a massive hole in your yard, therefore it is best to consult with your local NSW stump removal professionals. If you have just removed a significantly large tree from your garden and entirely removing the stump seems too difficult, try Stump Grinding. Our professional Stump grinders can grind the stump back a few inches below the ground and cover with earth, leaving the remaining stump and roots to rot over time.
Stump Removal Costs NSW
How much will it cost to remove a tree stump? The price of a stump removal service will depend on many factors. Stump Removal Costs in NSW can depend on:
- The method you choose to have the stump removed;
- the size, depth, age & condition of the stump & roots;
- the surrounding obstacles (road access, buildings, footpaths, etc);
- removal of the tree stump once it is cut out (disposal, mulch or firewood)
Checklist for NSW Stump Removal Services
- Is your Tree Stump Removalist currently licensed?
- Is your Tree Service Company Fully Insured?
- Are they Police Checked?
- Does the Tree Removal Company provide a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee?
- What Customer Satisfaction Rating / Reviews and Recommendations do they have?
Why you should choose Jim’s Tree & Stump Removal in NSW?
- Jim’s Tree and Stump Removal team are all fully trained and licensed tree specialists.
- All of our team have current police checks and are comprehensively insured for $10 million for your peace of mind.
- Jim’s Trees offers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee – so if you are not 100% satisfied with the job; the team will fix it at no extra cost!
NSW Stump Removal Reviews
- If you need more proof – our 4.7 out of 5 star rating (from more than 2,000 genuine, verified customer reviews in the last 2 years). View Jim’s Stump Removal Reviews here.
- For added peace of mind, you can view specific reviews and testimonials for each of our Stump Removal Specialists in NSW here.